I was kind enough to not include 1) instrumentals, 2) songs in other languages, and 3) stuff that's so freaking random that NO ONE would ever get it in a million years. Yes, I cheated. :P
Edited to add: I am muchly impressed by anyone who actually was able to read that before I fixed it. Stupid LJ client. :|
1) She'll let you in her house
If you come knockin' late at night
She'll let you in her mouth if the
Words you say are right
2) And now our shades become shadows in your light
In the morning wind we're through and tomorrow rescues you,
I will say goodnight.
3) Slow down you crazy child
You're so ambitious for a juvenile
4) Show a little faith, there's magic in the night
You ain't a beauty, but hey you're alright
5) Sugar's only sweetness,
Salt is ocean tears,
And you were my only weakness,
For years and years and years.
6) Hey, your bones are brittle
Wrapped so soft your blood is running
I'll be there
7) Germany was having trouble- what a sad, sad story.
Needed a new leader to restore its former glory.
8)I've got my house surrounded
I know I'm in there
Come out with both my hands up
And don't make me come in and get me
Don't make me come in and get me
9)When every wanker's wound up tight,
frigid, fractious, and forthright,
the plebes plugged up with plebescite,
Trim the trad, go troglodyte
10) They paved paradise and put up a parking lot
With a pink hotel a boutique and a swingin' hot spot.
11)Reflexes got the better of me
And what is to be must be.
Every day the bucket goes to the well,
But one day the bottom will drop out,
Yes, one day the bottom will drop out.
12)When men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving low
13)This will all fall down like everything else that was
This too shall pass and all of the words we said
We cant take back
14) Richard talks way too slow
He'd get interrupted long before
I always loved that guy
And he's not on T.V anymore
15) You have brought me to that moment
where words run dry, to that moment
where speech disappears into silence,
silence . . .
16) I got me a car, it seats about 20
So hurry up and bring your jukebox money
17) Heya Tom, it's Bob, from the office down the hall.
Good to seeya buddy, how've you been?
18) She said she found someone who's gonna hold her hand
she said she found someone who's gonna understand
19)A man walks down the street
He says why am I short of attention
Got a short little span of attention
20) Slow motion riders fly the colors of the day
A bronze man still can tell stories his own way
Listen children all is not lost
All is not lost
21) Some chimps in swimsuits,
Some chimps are swinging from a vine
Some chimps in jackboots
Some chimps that wish they could be mine.
22) Do they think that walls can hide you?
Even now I'm at your window...
I am in the dark beside you,
buried sweetly in your yellow hair!
23) It could be ten, but then again, I can't remember half an hour since a quarter to four.
Throw on your clothes, the second side of Surfer Rosa, and you leave me with my jaw on the floor.
24)Now, broom you must now sweep for me, the dust it fills my room.
No, John, I will not sweep for you, for I am not your broom.
25) Once upon a midnight dreary
I woke with something in my head
I couldn't escape the memory
Of a phone call and of what you said